Please note that the following schedule is preliminary and is subject to change.
program is available!
Last update: May 17, 2019.
- Discovery of CFTR modulators for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (tentative title). Speaker: Sabine Hadida, Vice President, Medicinal Chemistry, Vertex Pharmaceuticals San Diego
- Advances in transporter drug discovery, ADMET and DDI. Chair: Kathleen M Hillgren
- New methods to study SLCs. Chair: Giulio Superti-Furga
- New strategies in chemistry to target transporters and channels (NCCR TransCure). Chair: Jean-Louis Reymond
- Women in science. Chair: Rajini Rao. Presentations/panel discussion.
- Structural biology of transporters (NCCR TransCure). Chair: Dimitrios Fotiadis
- Personalized/precision medicine. Chair: Anne Nies
- SLCs and rare diseases. Chair: Gaia Novarino
- Transport across the maternal-fetal barrier in the placenta (NCCR TransCure). Chair: Christiane Albrecht
- Session on organelles. Chair: Edmund Kunji
- Drug transporters as targets of drug development based on their physiological roles. Chair: Ken-ichi Inui
- Genetic variations in solute carrier genes and latest breakthroughs in the transporter field. Chair: Matthias Hediger
- Transporters in kidney. Chair: Bruno Vogt
- TRP and Orai calcium channels. Chair: Christine Peinelt
BMT2019 Organizing Committee:
- Anne Nies (IKP Stuttgart, Germany)
- David Hepworth (Pfizer, Cambridge, USA)
- Ken-ichi Inui (Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan)
- Bruno Stieger (University of Zürich, Switzerland)
- Kevin Rupp (Administrative Organizer, University of Bern, Switzerland)
Matthias A. Hediger
University of Bern, Switzerland
Dr. Margarete Fischer-Bosch-Institut für Klinische Pharmakologie (IKP), Stuttgart, Germany
Department of Worldwide Medicinal Chemistry, Pfizer, Cambridge, USA
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
University of Zürich, Switzerland
BMT2019 Admin Team